Wednesday, April 13, 2011

(Un?)Productive day at the library.


On Monday my 8h30AM German IV class was cancelled (hurrays!) but I still had to do my Spanish lab, so while waiting for the lab, I went to the school library to study a bit. Honestly I spent half of my time there just staring at the same page over and over again, and maybe another one third of my time napping. Let me tell you why:

Dawson College library is actually in a chapel (well at least it used to be a chapel), so the lightning is dim and the temperature in the library is constantly warm, which makes it an absolutely perfect place to nap.

Actually I was never really a library-person, I find myself being more productive studying at a small coffee shop or at a mall food court. I don't know why but being in the library just makes me feel so depressing and unmotivated.

Anyways I still got some school works done there (kinda), but as you can see, I ended up taking pictures.

For me, it's 4 more weeks before summer vacation! What about you guys?

Anyhow, good luck everybody for your finals!

*The stairs on the leftside lead to the 2nd floor which is connected to another building, so this is just a small part of the library.

12 comments:

  1. You took a nap in a library? Wow, cool! I just can't do it, because I snore, very loudly, everytime, when I sleep......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Yeah, swedish is pretty hard to learn. I'm following you're blog now, and I hope you'll follow mine too.

    Greatings from Sweden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 more weeks? That's not a lot. I have like 2 months of studying ahead of me :/
    Anyway good luck with your studying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty library, makes sense that it used to be a chapel haha! oh man warm and sunny places make me sleepy too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm the same way. If I'm studying somewhere super quiet, I just get all anxious and fidgety. I need music or background chatter to be at all productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I gave you the Kreativ Blogger Award, visit my blog for more info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In college, I used the library solely for meeting boys. ;)

    Like you, I liked to study in more populated/less depressing areas. I definitely prefer a little background noise.

    You have a lovely blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, that's a library? its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is absolutely a big library. If only the library in my school is that big and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really bad at studying! I end up reading the same page a thousand times!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of the library but I can never stay in one for too long as its tooooo quiet and I need music to work and to motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this library really looks like the photo ? Amazing ! :) I understand why you don't want to work haha
    Though I've never tried to work in a Starbucks or something, I don't know if I can :)
    Thx for your sweet comment !


    xxx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Followers