Thursday, April 7, 2011

17 days without Facebook…and still counting!

I have deactivated my Facebook account a few weeks ago. The main reason being that: I spend way too much time on it. Seriously, I was so addicted to it, to the point that I actually press “Refresh” every two minutes on my homepage to see some news feeds. And I would stalk people (Yes! Stalk, ha c’mon now, don’t tell me you don’t!) and even strangers.

The first few days without Facebook was hard. Everytime I opened my Google Chrome, my fingers would automatically type www.fac...... Then it would take a few seconds for me to realize that I have deactivated it! Then I would (feeling slightly sad, of course) close the window and look for something else to browse.

I am actually not really planning on reactivating my Facebook account anytime soon. I mean, surprisingly, I don’t need Facebook as much as I thought I did. I used to think I absolutely needed it to be able to contact with people. Facebook inbox is so effective I usually would just use it to send messages. But now that I think about it, if you ever really needed to contact me, I still use my e-mail, as well as my cell phone, so there is no reason for you not to reach me! For those who think: “What if I don’t have your email or your number?” Well seriously then are those people really worth contacting?

Of course, this is just from my point of view. I still think Facebook is one of the greatest network websites ever invented! It is just taking up way too much of my time right now.

What are your thoughts on Facebook? Praise or trash?

13 comments:

  1. you know, i have realized that i don't like facebook as much as i thought myself. mine is not deactivated, but i find that i rarely go on there as much as i used to.

    what got you to start blogging?!? i see this was your very first post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my lil' blog--I'm new at the whole blogging thing. And I'm super addicted to blogger now, lol! My Facebook has been put on the back burner lately...I won't deactivate it anytime soon--but I feel it's been kind of blah lately and I'd much rather be reading my favorite blogs anyway ♥ Have an awesome day! And welcome to Blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet words! Yes, I do speak German and you totally made sense! Haha

    I'm not a big Facebook fan. I have an account, but I rarely use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you are doing so good without facebook, I seriously could not do that! I don't spend a ton of time on there, but enough that is not good! I hope that it goes well for you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! I tried doing that one time and it didn't work. I think about it often but sometimes I'm nosey and want to know what's going on! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I hate Facebook because it is such a distraction, but it is such a great way to see what up with people these days...other people lives are so interesting or is that just me?

    Thanks for all the blog love!
    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been a big Facebook user myself. I'm lucky if I remember to log in once every week. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use facebook way too much! But it's totally made my business what it is today! It's great for things like that. I wish I could deactivate it sometimes though ;)
    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mixed feelings. I like posting photos to share with friends and family. But I've been disgusted with it too. Now that I get it on my phone, I spend way too much time on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you or your lovely comment on my blog! You're so sweet.

    I am currently on a facebook fast (for lent). I've deactivated my facebook twice before and every time, it was kind of refreshing. Now when I go on facebook, it doesn't take up my time like before.

    I sort of hate it now too. It just feels pointless sometimes. I love talking to my closest friends on it and staying in touch, but I can't stand how other people update their status with the most irrelevant things.

    Idk, it's a love/hate thing with facebook. Lol.
    And I love that you admitted that you stalk people on fb. I DO TOO! Hahahaha.

    Mint & Mellow (Enter my giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh goodluck, actually ever since I started blogging I've found myself away from facebook. But i do enjoy letting my fellow friends know when I have a new blog post up through facebook, it's great for networking and blog exposure.

    ~Fae
    http://www.rosypop.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hah, I just read your comment on my blog, and decided to check out your blog in return :D and then this post was just like HEY READ ME!! a freaking answer to my prayers is what it is! I am planning on following your good example and deactivating my account... asap and until the end of summer :D wohoo! thanks for an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello jane :)
    Ashley c here.
    in my opinion . Facebook has been making me depressing for no reason. i have a facebook account but i seldom log into it i guess everything is fine in moderation :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers